Monday, September 12, 2011

My Collection - Tonner DC Stars 13 inch

Released last year after many other versions of Diana, this version was a new line for Tonner as it was now 13 inches instead of their standard 18 inches. Again since so many other versions had come without an opportunity for me to get one I thought this one might slip through my grasp as well. However, luck was on my side and Tonner was having a huge sale on Tuesday and she was marked down to the lowest I had ever seen her before so I jumped right on it. She's been in my collection less than a month.

The updates and changes to Diana's costume from the first release are wonderful. They really did a great job in making her unique while adding something new for the shorter size. This time the stacked double W breastplate is not an applique but a molded piece of "metal". The bodice and boots are now a glittery red with a glittery belt to match. Silver bracelets, red dot earrings, and "metal" tiara complete the look. 

My only little complaint about her is that I wish the stacked W breastplate was molded better to the breast-line as when you view her from the side it appears to stick out to far. But again, this is a very minor complaint.



Just a couple of months before this was released Tonner released a 13 inch version of one of Diana's amazon sisters and one-time Wonder Woman herself Artemis of Bana-Mighdall. She was a NY Comic Con exclusive and unfortunately is not in my collection.


I think they did an amazing job bringing Artemis to life and would love to possibly see a version of her during her brief stint as Wonder Woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment