Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wonder Woman Odyssey


When issue 600 was released there was a huge uproar over Diana's new costume. I admit that at first I was even a little nervous because it was a drastic change from the star spangled attire that is so closely associated with Wonder Woman; but at the same I vowed to keep an open mind and give it a chance. Now as the end of Odyssey is approaching, I find myself sad that it is coming to an end. I have truly enjoyed this story arc. It didn't matter that she wasn't wearing the old costume - it was something different and I liked that.

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of Wonder Woman #1 when DC relaunches their entire universe this September but again am a little miffed that they have once again redid her outfit. All preliminary images had her in pants and - I liked it. Now they are back to being starred shorts but in black. Is this an attempt to appease the masses who complained before and after issue 600 premiered (or even the masses that went absolutely bonkers when the David Kelly pilot posted images of Wonder Woman in pants)? I don't know, but again I will keep an open mind and will continue to follow Diana's adventures no matter what she is wearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment